Panasonic WhisperValue DC™ Line Debuts News Models and Improved Features for Long-Term, Superior Performance
NEWARK, N.J., Aug. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ —
- High performance multi-family solution built to last
- Revolutionary ECM motor with SmartFlow™ technology for optimum CFM output
- Pick-A-Flow™ Speed Selector – one fan, several CFM options (50, 80 or 100 CFM)
- Optional fan models include LED lighting, multi-speed operation for ASHRAE 62.2 compliance, and an intelligent Condensation Sensor that monitors temperature and humidity, automatically turning the fan on to control moisture
- Lowest profile ENERGY STAR rated fan available
- Unique L-shaped bracket simplifies installation and provides strong support
- WhisperValue DC™ can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2, LEED, IAP, California Title 24, CALGreen and WA Ventilation Code
Panasonic Eco Solutions North America has introduced new models and improved product features to the WhisperValue DC™ ventilation line.
Designed for residential construction and newly built homes, the WhisperValue DC™ is an ideal multi-family ventilation solution that is revolutionizing the ventilation fan industry with a new set of features that enable easy code compliance and longer service life. The advanced ECM motor with intelligent self-adjusting SmartFlow™ technology senses the amount of resistance in the duct run and automatically adjusts the fan speed to deliver optimal CFM output, even in the case of a complicated duct run.
Panasonic’s SmartFlow™ technology moves more air using less energy, so the WhisperValue DC™ is more energy efficient and lasts longer. Additionally, the Built-in Pick-A-Flow™ speed selector provides the capability to customize the ventilation fan for a variety of applications and to meet required airflow (50-80-100 CFM) with the simple flip of a switch. The ability to choose the most fitting CFM level gives builders and contractors the flexibility and assurance that one fan will satisfy a range of ventilation design requirements that meet code and perform as promised.
WhisperValue DC™ offers optional built-in features that allow the installer to further customize the fan:
- Multi-Speed with Time Delay, which allows the selection of proper CFM settings to satisfy ASHRAE 62.2 continuous ventilation requirements. The fan runs continuously at a preset lower level (0-30-70, in 10 CFM increments) then elevates to a maximum level of operation (80 or 100 CFM) when the wall switch is turned on. A High/Low delay timer returns the fan to the preset CFM level after 20 minutes.
- Condensation sensor, which helps control bathroom condensation to prevent mold and mildew. The advanced sensor technology detects relative humidity and temperature to anticipate dew point, automatically turning the fan on to control humidity. Built in Relative Humidity (RH) sensitivity adjustment enables fine tuning for moist conditions and for satisfying CALGreen requirements. The fan will run for 20 minutes before turning off.
The extremely thin profile opens up new options for locations where builders and contractors can install the WhisperValue DC™, which is UL listed for ceiling or wall mount. The low profile, 3-3/8″ housing depth and unique L-shaped bracket allow this fan to be installed in virtually any ceiling or wall. Wall installation reduces cost by eliminating the need to incorporate a radiation damper when penetrating fire rated ceilings. As the lowest profile ENERGY STAR® rated fan on the market, the WhisperValue DC™ actually fits in a 2×4 stud bay, right out of the box.
Additional features include:
- An ECM Motor with Smart Flow™ Technology is featured in all models. When the fan senses static pressure, its speed is automatically increased to ensure optimal CFM output. This feature provides peace of mind, as the installer doesn’t have to worry about compromising the fan’s performance even with a complicated duct run.
- LED Lighting, features a contemporary flush mount grille that incorporates one 10W dimmable LED chip panel with <1W LED night light for warm, energy efficient illumination. Panel specifications include: 3000 Kelvin Warm White/90CRI/700 lumens/70 LPW/ENERGY STAR 2.0 certified/50,000 hours rated average life.
«At Panasonic, we are committed to working with forward-thinking builders to provide high performance, low cost solutions that create a healthier indoor environment for homeowners,» said Patricia Monks, National Marketing Manager, Panasonic Eco Solutions North America. «WhisperValue DC™ is an enhanced version of our successful low profile, multi-family solution that now incorporates our ultra-energy efficient, ECM motor with SmartFlow® technology and customizable airflow for easy code compliance. WhisperValue DC™ can be used as your whole house ventilation solution and includes an Intelligent Condensation Sensor, which automatically controls moisture in order to optimize performance and reduce risk of exposure to harmful pollutants.»
As with all fans in the lineup, WhisperValue DC™ can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2, LEED, IAP, California Title 24, CALGreen and WA Ventilation Code.
For more information about Panasonic ventilation fans, please visit www.panasonic.com/ventfans.
About Panasonic Eco Solutions North America
Panasonic Eco Solutions North America is a division of Newark, NJ-based Panasonic Corporation of North America, a leading technology partner and integrator to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Panasonic was featured in Fortune Magazine’s 2016 ranking of 50 companies that are changing the world and doing well by doing good. Specifically cited were its smart and sustainable technologies, including its contributions to smart cities and the electric vehicle revolution.
Learn more about Panasonic’s ideas and innovations at PanasonicMovesUs.com.
Learn more about Panasonic vent fans at http://www.panasonic.com/business/pesna/eco-construction-solutions/.
SOURCE Panasonic Eco Solutions North America